Thursday, May 17, 2012

Stages of Restoration



                                                               Rest is nowhere to be found
And no this message is not meant to be profound
I just want more of the one and only Lord
Because it is when I am in his presence I am restored
I am made whole again 

I am restored back to who I was before I was born
Back to who I was before I came into this earth and bore this thorn
These things that separate me from who I was and who I long to be
Cause me to doubt, But Lord I just want more of you and less of me
Make me whole again 

Oh Lord it is only you who can tell me who I really am
I am a canvas painted in your image but stained to no longer look like your lamb
I have fallen time and time again and my pride has stopped you from picking me up
But LORD I give myself away and only take pride in bearing your cup
I need to be whole again 

Lord I know that is not by Judaism, Catholicism, legalism or optimism that I am saved
It is only by your love demonstrated on the cross that my road to salvation has been paved
And yet God I cry out thrice for you to remove this thorn from my side
And you gave me a familiar answer that your Grace is sufficient and by my side you will reside
You will make me whole again 

Lord I know that daily you walk with me through the fire and through the raging sea
You have taught me that who I was does not define me and by your truth I have been set free
“I shall not die, but live, recover and be restored
but also declare and celebrate the good word and works of the LORD.” (Psalms 118:17) Declares that:
I have been made whole again 
 
 
An original poem by Amanda Rose Briggs 

No comments:

Post a Comment